- Rachel Burchfield
The King’s Cup breakdown
Yesterday Kate and that guy she always hangs out with, William, participated in the first King’s Cup regatta. It was originally scheduled for today, but impending bad weather pushed the regatta up a day.
We got to see a few things: Kate wearing shorts for the first time since she got married in 2011, George is missing his two front teeth (see previous blog post), and Charlotte sticking her tongue out (and turning into a beautiful little girl). Also, the top of William’s head is completely bald because #newsyouneedtoknow.
Here’s the quick rundown of the event:
· It was held off the coast of the Isle of Wight.
· Eight boats competed. Both Kate and William took on the role of skipper on their respective boats.
· The other six boats were skippered (is that a word?) by celebrities – Bear Grylls was one – and each of the boats raced for a charity.
· Kate’s boat raced for The Royal Foundation, which works with young children. William’s raced for Child Bereavement UK – a cause he, unfortunately, knows all too well.
· Kate’s boat got disqualified for jumping the gun and pulling out too early.
· William’s boat came in third.
· Apparently, according to Bear Grylls, George ate his first ant that day? Okay? Cool.
· George and Charlotte watched their parents compete from another boat, where they were supervised by grandparents Michael and Carole Middleton, Kate’s parents. Louis stayed at home.
· The whole Cambridge clan is still tan from their Mustique trip a couple of weeks ago.
This is likely the last time we’ll see Kate for a while. She is summering now, and I wouldn’t expect to hear anything from her until September.
Is this photo of Kate not everything?
Have a great weekend, TDCers!