This Just In: The Sussex update (with a dash of Andrew controversy)
The Sussex family has been in the news a lot today because
· they are currently vacationing in Nice, France and getting quite a bit of flak for using a private jet to get there; in a weird right turn, Elton John literally just spoke out moments ago and said it was he that paid for the private jet;
· they hired Fiona Mcilwham, a former top-level diplomat, as their permanent chief of staff – Mcilwham joins communications secretary Sara Latham and deputy private secretary Heather Wong to complete the Sussex staff;
· they reportedly asked the Queen to move into Windsor Castle prior to their Frogmore Cottage move – the Queen declined, stating it wasn’t a suitable place to raise babies;
· it has been confirmed that little Archie has tufts of his daddy’s red hair;
· Harry’s ex, Cressida Bonas, just got engaged to a different Harry – Harry Wentworth-Stanley.
Also, I can’t not mention this on the blog – Andrew is being accused of somehow being involved in the Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking ring. He and Epstein were friends, but he denies the claims brought by Virginia Roberts Giuffre that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was 17. He patently denies any wrongdoing. I am following the story.
What a Monday…