- Rachel Burchfield
What have Harry and Meghan been up to lately? + Pop quiz answers + The Crown season four sneak peek!
The Sussexes have been laying low – being homebodies with Archie and their dogs and focusing on family – but don’t think they haven’t been planning for the future. In addition to the JPMorgan speech Harry gave last weekend, Harry and Meghan were spotted at Stanford University in California last week, where they met with the prestigious university’s administration and some professors. The topic of discussion? Their charitable foundation Sussex Royal – still called that, at least for now.
Harry – after his JPMorgan speech – is apparently in discussions to make an appearance in Goldman Sachs’ interview series “Talks at GS.” As opposed to the JPMorgan talk, where he reportedly made $1 million, Harry would do this for free with the expectation that it would lead to other projects down the road. I’ve heard he and Meghan are in talks with everyone from Disney to Apple TV+.
Meghan released a never before seen video of when she guest edited British Vogue – go to the SussexRoyal Instagram to check it out. On the clip, she and British Vogue editor Edward Enninful surprise call cover stars and talk about the genesis of their project together. It’s a cute clip and worth a watch.
In sad news, the Sussexes let go their 15-person Buckingham Palace staff last week, officially closing their office there. “Given their decision to step back, an office at Buckingham Palace is no longer needed,” a palace aide told ITV. “While the details are still being finalized and efforts are being made to redeploy people within the royal household, unfortunately there will be some redundancies.”
Have to end on a Sussex happy note – Harry and Meghan spent their first married Valentine’s Day together on Friday, and the two are reportedly “besotted” and more in love than ever post-Family split. While currently based in Canada, looks like they’ll be spending some time in Los Angeles this summer. Maybe for one of those Disney or Apple TV+ projects?
Without further ado, here are the answers to Friday’s Valentine’s Day pop quiz about how Royal couples met:
1. This couple met at the Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal. Peter and Autumn Phillips, H
2. This couple met when he was dating her older sister. #awkward Charles and Diana, B
3. This couple met for the first time when he was dating her friend. Six years later, they met again at a charity event. Edward and Sophie, M
4. This couple met as freshmen in college, when they lived in the same dorm. William and Kate, D
5. This couple met on a ski holiday in Switzerland, where they were introduced by mutual friends. Eugenie and Jack, L
A. This couple met at a party for equestrians and horse enthusiasts. Anne and Mark Phillips, her first husband, F
6. This couple met at a wedding, and then met again three years later. Finally, two years after that, he escorted her and her sister around the Royal Naval College, and sparks flew. The Queen and Philip, A
7. This couple met as children but didn’t see each other romantically until they met again at a party as adults. Andrew and Fergie, J
8. This couple moved in the same social circles and met at a house party, where they bonded over her ex-boyfriend dating his sister. Charles and Camilla, C
9. This couple met on a blind date set up by a mutual friend. Harry and Meghan, E
B. This couple met when he was working for the Royal Family on the Royal Yacht Britannia. Anne and Timothy Laurence, her second (and current) husband, G
10. This couple met as children – his parents were close friends with her parents. Beatrice and Edoardo, K
11. This couple met at a rugby match in Australia. Zara and Mike Tindall, I
And, finally, I had to sneak this in here: Emma Corrin, who will play Diana in season four of The Crown, was spotted filming recently. Remember this solo visit Diana made to New York City in 1989? Isn’t Emma nailing it? I can’t wait for this season!
More later this week!